Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Uni-ball Jetstream Standard Ballpoint Pen - 0.38mm and 0.7mm


Overall Look 7
Writing Smoothness 9
Overall Value 10
Overall Rating 8

I acquired both these pens last year; it was love at first write! Not totally in love with their look, but they write incredibly well.  These pens are honestly my favorite pens to use everyday. 
The barrels are made of plastic and are very light weight. Depending on the point size you want, the barrels do come in different pastel colors, white, or black. If you haven't noticed from my pen collection yet, I'm a huge fan of colors. And had I not been gifted the 0.38mm pen, I would have definitely opted for the apricot colored body.

The rubber grip is comfortable when writing. On the colored barrels, the grips are little translucent and can look a dirty at times.  But they are easily cleaned with a little alcohol.
The reason I only awarded these pens a 7, is because the barrels look a little too large for my tastes.  But the look of this pen does not take away from how well this pen writes.


When writing with the 0.7mm pen, the point just glides across the paper.  The ink, on both pens, is super smooth.  I haven't had problems with ink clumping or bleeding on the paper.  The only complaint I have with my 0.38mm pen is that when I first started using it, it scratched and skipped a bit.  But this is common with super fine point pens, and it is no longer an issue.

Of the two sizes, I like the 0.38mm better.  0.7mm is just a tad too thick for my liking.  Once I finish either of these, I will be checking out the 0.5mm Jetstream pen, which should be more my style. 








My one serious complaint about these pens is that they don't hold as much ink as I would like them to.  The ink reservoirs are shorter than some of my other pens, for sure. But fear not! Ink refills can be purchased for these pens, if you'd rather refill than buy a new pen.

As for the price, I believe I paid around $4 for the blue bodied 0.7mm pen, but these pens can be found online for cheaper (~$2.50)

The Uni-ball Jetstream pens are great pens for both pen enthusiasts like myself, and those just looking for a good pen to write with.  Definitely check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment