Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review: Zebra F-301 Ballpoint Pen - 0.7mm


Overall Look 8
Writing Smoothness 10
Overall Value 7
Overall Rating 8

Looking for a ballpoint pen that is both durable and reliable?
Then check these out! 


Unlike pens I've previously reviews, the F-301 sports a slim, stainless steel body; this feature makes these pens extra durable but still light enough to carry around in your bag. The grip is plastic and it's color matches the color of the ink. Though the metal body and plastic grip look great, it is not so great when using this pen for extended amounts of time.  In my experience, using the pen becomes a little uncomfortable because the grip is just plastic and not cushioned as with rubber grips.  But hey, maybe that's just from the way I hold my writing utensils?

For a ball point pen, the ink flows really smoothly from the point and doesn't smear!
These pens have yet to fail me by skipping either, which happens often when I use ball point pens. Another thing that I like about these pens is that when writing with it, there is a sort of weight behind it.  I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but it feels like you have something in your hand whereas some of my pens are very light and feel like there is nothing there!


0.7mm is the finest point available for the Zebra F-301; the other available sizes are 1.0mm and 1.6mm, which are much too thick for my liking. I was comparing the line made from these pens to my 0.7mm Uni-Jetstream, the only difference is that the Jetstream makes a more precise line. 


Zebra's F-301 can be bought in any major office supply store.  I bought these from Staples for about $4, and they came in a 2 pack. 


Overall, Zebra manufactures pretty solid pens, and the F-301 is no different. 
Not my favorite pens to use, but 10/10, would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment