Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review: Zebra Sarasa Clip Gel Ink Pen - 0.5mm

Overall Look 10
Writing Smoothness 9
Overall Value 9
Overall Rating 9

I bought the 10 color pen set from Jetpens.com at the beginning of last year with the intention of using them to help organize my class notes, but they easily became my favorite pens for everyday use.

What first attracted me to these pens were their vibrant colors -- there are 29 colors to choose from. Though I use black ink the most, my most frequently used colors magenta pink and blue green.  

Against the clear plastic of the body, the different colors definitely stands out.

The pen’s plastic barrel makes it durable and light weight.  And the matching rubber grip not only adds to the pop of color, but is comfortable for long periods of writing. Another great feature of this pen is the flexible clip that allows it to clip onto thicker objects without breaking.  


For a long time, I didn’t particularly like writing with gel ink pens because they tended to smear.  But with the Sarasa Clip, the water based ink flows smoothly and doesn’t scratch the paper like some other pens.  Honestly, I have very little problems with skipping or having the ink run dry in the middle of writing a sentence while using these pens. The only complaint I may have is that letters look way close together when writing in cursive with the 0.5mm pens, but its mostly because my handwriting is really small. 



I have only used the 0.5mm pens, but Sarasa Clip pens are also available in 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.7mm, and 1.0mm (metallic colors only). 
And if you’re one to hate wasting pens once the ink is finished, refills are available for black, blue, black-blue, and red 



As previously mentioned, I purchased my pens online from Jetpens.com.  

You can purchase the set of 10 pens for $20 or a singular pen for $2.20.  


If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, these pens are available at Maido Stationary stores. 

In store, individual pens cost about $2.50.

At Maido's online website, you can buy individual pens for $1.50. 


Each of the websites offer free shipping on orders over $25!

If there is a Japanese dollar store in your area, you may want to check them out too.
I bought a couple of my pens from the Ichi Ban Kan at the Tanforan mall in San Bruno. 

 
Hope you enjoyed this review!

Maybe the Sarasa Clip will become one of your favorites too!


No comments:

Post a Comment