Thursday, February 20, 2014

Souvenir & Novelty Pens from Disney Land




This is sort of a late post, but I spent my President's Day weekend on vacation in Disneyland. 
My family visits often, so I don't always notice what is being sold in the gift shops.
But with this blog in mind, I made it a point to check out to the kinds of character and souvenir pens the stores carried.  



Click the jump to see what kind of pens I found ! 
 

Most of the pens I saw worked by a retractable mechanism, or better known as the "clicky" kind of pens. There was definitely no shortage in the variety of these pens available. 
Though most of the pens were black ink, ball point pens, you can see in the third picture that there were a few multi-pens available. 


The fourth picture shows one of my favorite souvenir pens at Disneyland gift shops.
The plastic barrels of these pens are shaped into silhouettes of different Disney characters and the pen points are covered with a small cap.  



As much as I love Disney, these pens are not very practical for everyday usage. 
The barrels are large, and the toppers definitely do not fit in any of my pencil cases!

Honestly, I can't see myself, or any college student using any of these pens in class.
Although, I will note that there was one store that carried metal barrel pens that did look a more professional, but I didn't snap a picture.
Regardless, I have several Disneyland pens. (and actually had one that I bought several of in high school because I liked it so much)



If you're visiting a Disney park and looking for the perfect gift for your friend who also loves Disney and pens, these are a perfect choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment