Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pen Review: Pilot G-2 Gel Ink Roller Ball Pen - 0.38mm

Overall Look 9
Writing Smoothness 10
Overall Value 9
Overall Rating

The Pilot G2 pens are probably the most common pens I see being used around campus.  I definitely used these pens too, way back when I didn't have much of a preference for what kind of pens I liked. The point sizes that I usually see are the 0.7mm (pilot g2-07) and the 0.5mm (pilot g2-05) so I was pretty excited when a friend mentioned that Pilot G2 pens are also available in 0.38mm.  

There isn't much to complain about with regards to the look of these pens. Like most gel ink pens, the body is clear plastic with colored rubber accents.  The rubber grip on the pilot G2 is softer than my Sarasa Clip pen, which is nice if you're writing for long periods of time. 

For a 0.38mm point pen, the ink deposition is really smooth.  I usually have problems with the ink bleeding, smearing, and blotting on the paper as I write with smaller points.  I am thoroughly satisfied with how well the ultra fine point Pilot G2 pens write. These pens aren't scratchy either! 

I first saw these pens at Target, which is where my friend mentioned she had bought her pilot g2 pens.  
Target sells them in a 3 pack of pens for ~$7, which comes out to $2.30 per pen -- which is a  reasonable price when compared to the Sarasa Clip zebra pen or the pilot juice, both also gel ink pens. 
Pilot G2 pens in 0.38mm, which pilot classifies as "ultra fine point" can also be purchased from office supply chains like Staples or Office Max.  I was browsing through Staples the other day and found these in a 5 pack for $7.79, a much better price than what I paid at Target.


Ultra fine point Pilot G2 pens only come in standard pen colors (Black, Blue, Green, Red).
If you like having color options, the Pilot G2 -07 come in 15 different colors, but that is a larger point size.


I really like these pens, and I'm glad that there is a 0.38mm point pen that I can buy without having to go to a Japanese stationary store (which is where I usually buy my finer point pens). 

If you like fine point pens, but 0.5mm is still too thick for your liking, the 0.38mm Pilot G2 pens are just the thing you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment